- An interesting panel session that will also be streamed to the world coming up this week.
- This article brought back to me the excitement I had for years and years of being in a library and the joys of discovery and 'ambush' as the author describes. Since teaching overseas in schools with sub-standard libraries, and in conjunction with the changes technology has brought, I have lost that feeling of anticipation and adrenalin rush of actually walking into a library, a space of learning full of resources waiting to be plucked off shelves. Yes, times are different, but I enjoyed this article because it did help me to remember the past.......Yes I also feel sad for what is lost, but the one constant in life is change of course.
- "Teacher Preparation for the Global Age: The Imperative for Change, highlights promising practices identified during this meeting and subsequent discussions and suggests a framework for internationalizing the education of all pre-service teachers and increasing the number of world language teachers, especially in less commonly taught languages."
- Students from the A Week in the Life Project 12-2 talk about their schools.This is an excellent artifact for comparing similarities and differences between lifestyles and cultures. Chin and USA represented.
- Interesting brainstorming and research tool.
- Site by Wesley Fryer. Great resources
- Wesley Fryer created this excellent portal leading to ideas, tools and resources for media in the curriculum. I love this!
- "SpeakingImage is an application for creating interactive images and share them with others. You can also create groups, add wikis and set different permissions to manage collaborative work "
Sunday, December 09, 2012
Global Education Highlights (weekly)
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment