After requests from teachers for help with implementing Web 2.0 (and other) technologies I have instigated the 'Digital Learning Team'. This is a group of student volunteers who work towards C&S points by doing the following:
- Sign up with a sponsor (Head of E-Learning or other appropriate teacher) and fully participate in an orientation session to be aware of school-wide needed e-Learning skills for teaching and learning
- Find a need amongst the teaching faculty for e-Learning development and training
- Design 5 e-Learning lessons and produce a handout for each lesson
- Schedule sessions with interested teachers and deliver the 5 lessons (this can be done in groups, with a one-to-one ratio)
- Make a short journal entry for every lesson: 1 paragraph for EACH entry- homeroom teacher signs
Choose one or more of the learner profile attributes (below), and discuss how you demonstrated that quality during this project (1 paragraph or more).
- Make a final journal entry clearly stating what you contributed and learned, as well as what others may have gotten out of the experience.(2 paragraphs or more)
Any advice as to what to call a student team of software savvy students who will go forth and multiply gratefully accepted!
Technorati Tags: digitallearning