Are you an ISTE Member? Do you know what ISTE is?
The International Society for Technology in Education is one of the leading organisations in the world for educators at all levels to learn about how to use technology for education. It is also a lot more than that!
As an ISTE Board member (International Representative), and as an ISTE Ambassador (Asian Region), my relationship with ISTE gives me a unique advantage to promote and encourage others from all over the world to come and see what ISTE can do to support educational needs. These needs may be in the classroom, in educational leadership, in administration, at the state or national level, or in fact at a more ubiquitous level across countries and educational systems. Whatever you need, ISTE provides essential resources, communities and opportunities to learn with and from the best.
Here are some recent examples now of how ISTE also provides resources and opportunities for learning and participation.
- ISTE Membership - Many options and opportunities, including global online membership - great value!
- Leadership Conference - Indiana, USA, Oct 12-13, 2012 - focus on developing strategic planning using NETS.A
- NETS - National Educational Technology Standards - these are globally relevant and applicable and 1,000s of schools use them to inform a standard approach across all levels and areas of the school.
- NETS - Global Outreach - Translations are available of NETS in Spanish, Arabic, French and Korean right now.
- Singapore 2012: International Conference on teaching and Learning with Technology - Coming up very soon, this event is supported by ISTE and will live up to it's theme: "Do IT! Transform Learning, Shape the Future."
- ISTE Community Ning - come and join over 7000 members, join a discussion, find a special interest group
- Computational Thinking - Video and downloadable resources
- ISTE Conference 2012 - This annual event attracts an international audience of 1,000's! This year San Diego is the venue. View the short promo video below. Join the online community.
Want to learn more about ISTE? I invite you to browse the ISTE website, join the communities I listed above, and in addition come and join the conversation starting around my ISTE Ambassador areas on the ISTE Community Ning.
Post a Comment