Picture Credit: Hammered.....
KwHobbes recently asked 'What are you doing?' and "...what 5 tools do you think would be the best to use with teachers so that they don’t think we’re hammering nails into that coffee table." Along with a Calvin and Hobbes comic analogy to think about I was mentioned in the blog post and asked to contribute. So here goes.......
My FIVE online tools that I think are best for teachers to use because they are easy, useful, can promote student-centred learning and are more fun to use/work with than hammering nails.
1. Wikispaces - a wiki-centric classroom for curriculum delivery, student discussion and collaboration
2. Ning - educational networking at its best (and now advertisement free!)
3. Animoto - easy 30 sec (or more) animated videos that are great to embed into blog posts or feed into start-up pages
4. Twitter - professional networking in micro form...the best new thing since sliced bread! Also useful in the classroom....just starting to explore possibilities here
5. Slideshare - the best for storing slideshows online and embedding code
Technorati Tags: ning twitter wikispaces animoto slideshare kwhobbes