This particular NECC is the most exciting one yet out of the past four I have attended (Seattle, New Orleans, Philadelphia and San Diego) because I am going to meet some very special people I have come to know through online activities this past year, including for the first time f2f my Flat Classroom colleague, Vicki Davis...and this is going to happen in 4 days only!
Tonight I am madly trying to finish off presentation material and other online things so that I will be truly ready to meet and greet, rise to the challenge of the commitments I have made without sounding like I know nothing and basically get organised. For some reason I have a lot of double bookings on my conference planner. Let me share the scenario with you. Oh, a special thank you of course to Steve Hargadon for creating the fabulous session tags for us bloggers and readers alike.
Here is what I am doing at NECC 2007 so far. As you can see I have a number of clashes but also a number of gaps to fill.
- Saturday June 23: EdubloggerCon There are numerous sessions offered here including the one that Vicki and I are hosting:
(Tag: ebc07gcfc / Blog Posts / Blog RSS / Flickr / Flickr RSS)
- Sunday June 24
- 11am: International Committee Meeting with Camilla Gagliola
- 4-5:30: International Attendees Reception in GWCC B206 (come and meet teh attendees who are jet-lagged like myself!)
- 4:15-5:15: ISTE Member Welcome and Conference Overview in GWCC Sidney Marcus Auditorium (I have been invited especially to this session to receive an award along with Vicki for our Flat Classroom Project)
- 5:45-7:00: Opening Keynote with Andrew Zolli in the GWC Murphy Ballroom
- Monday June 25
- 7:30-1:00: McLaughlin, Bob: 'International Leadership Summit: Learning Technology Development, Research, and Dissemination' (EITL) in B203 Tag=n07s123 Blog Posts / Blog RSS / Flickr / Flickr RSS
- 8:30-9:30: Lindsay, Julie: 'Mobile, Digital, Ubiquitous: Solutions for Learning with Handhelds' in B213 (also: Judy Breck, Graham Brown-Martin, Janice Kelly, Tony Vincent) Tag=n07s732 Blog Posts / Blog RSS / Flickr / Flickr RSS
- 9:00-11:00: Freedman, Terry: 'The Coming of Age Web 2.0 Book: Idea To Implementation' in Galleria (Posters) at 9:00 on Monday
Tag=n07s466 Blog Posts / Blog RSS / Flickr / Flickr RSS
- 4:45-6:15: Birds of a Feather sessions: Virtual Worlds and Second LifeCreating Global Projects or
- Tuesday June 26
- 8:30-9:45: Tuesday Keynote Panel in the GWCC Murphy Ballroom with Andrew Zolli and panel with the topic "What do the arts, brain research, and creativity have to do with the emerging face of education? EVERYTHING! The "creative class" is on the move, and as the world flattens and competition in the global economy increases, the roles of creativity and innovation come into focus."!!!
- 10:20-10:40: Speaking at the Elluminate booth in the Trade Hall
- 10:30-12:30: 'SIGMS Forum: The Changing Landscape of 21st Century School Information Centers' (EMS) in B206 (also: Doug Johnson, Larry Johnson, William Richardson, Joyce Valenza)
Tag=n07s877 Blog Posts / Blog RSS / Flickr / Flickr RSS
- 1:00-3:00: Lindsay, Julie and Davis, Victoria: 'Flat Classroom Project: Online Learning with a Web 2.0 Spin' in Galleria (Posters)
- 2:00-4:00: Going Global! NETS*S Around the World (iNETS Forum) in GWCC B202
- 3:00-3:30: Edublogger Interview with Vicki and Steve Hargadon and others
- 4:45-6:15: Free, Open Source, and Web 2.0 Software for the ClassroomSIGHC (Handheld Computing) Business Meeting [Birds-of-a-Feather] or
- Wednesday June 27
- 12:00-1:00: Using Wikis in the Classroom (Vicki with Adam Frey) in GWCC B308
I do hope if you are reading this blog and coming to NECC you will come and say hello at one of the above sessions! Don't be shy now.
Technorati Tags: necc2007 neccprep necc07