This week David Warlick invited participants to revisit the New Century School House project. This was established a number of years ago. Details of the invitation can be found in his TechLearning blog posting.
As a 20 minute task this is what they came up with for a secondary school adopted classroom:
Room Name: Knowledge Capsule
- Learning using all the senses.
- Use of multimedia.
- Local and Global interaction.
- Virtual facilitator(s).
- Online access to resources around the world.
- Self paced learning.
- Online examinations/testing.
- Virtual reality (experiential learning)
- Paperless environment.
- Environmentally friendly power source.
- Biometrically designed software that responds to voice and other senses.
- Fast, reliable, secure wireless networking.
- Virtual reality devices.
- Holographic computers.
- Reclining seats.
- Motion sensitive equipment.
- Online storage of all files/resources.Read other adopted classroom descriptions. Better still, make your own contribution to the classroom ideals of the future!
"Classroom." gardenhoe/saras photostream 31 August 2006. 21 September 2006. [Click to view link]
Technorati Tags: newcenturyschoolhouse warlick Bangladesh